Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Evenflo Crosstown Soft Portable Travel Gate

After searching for a cost-effective gate that could handle a wide doorway, I purchased this gate in August 2011 to keep my roving toddler out of the kitchen. It was mildly cumbersome to put up, but since we intended it as a permanent gate and didn't mind the step over, it wasn't a big deal.



Recently the top extending bar latch stripped making the gate useless after only 5 months. When the locking mechanism stripped the extension bar will not stay extended. Needless to say, I was disappointed with the situation given that it was out of the range of limited warranty. But never one to say "never", I contacted Evenflo via their online contact form to see if I had any options.

Evenflo responded within 24-hours offering to replace the gate. I had to send proof of destruction and a page of paperwork back to them at my own expense (to the tune of around $7), but received a new gate within a week! I was very pleased with the outcome and the speed at which the gate was replaced.

Though there is concern regarding the quality, I feel Evenflo deserves another chance based on my experience with their customer service.

No comments:

Post a Comment