Wednesday, February 8, 2012

North States Supergate Extra Wide Swing Gate

I purchased this gate to keep two small dogs enclosed in my kitchen. It has been perfect for that job! It looks very nice, it was easy to install, and it was perfectly affordable. It may not be strong enough to withstand a large dog or child pushing/leaning on it but that is not a problem with my Frenchies. I'm extremely happy with my purchase!



I was very skeptical about this gate because of others reviews, but I have an archway that is just over 6 feet and I really didn't want to spend over $100 on a gate, so I figured I would give it a try. We need to keep baby out of the parlor because we have a fireplace insert and we don't want her to burn herself. It has worked great. My child is 14 months old and she will walk over to it and shake it. We do not have any issues with the strength of the gate at all. We have had it up for several weeks already and it has been great! The only issue that I have with it is that it is a little difficult to open and close and it doesn't retract very far, so there is constantly about 5 feet of gate extending into the room when it is open, but we usually just leave it closed and step over it. I would rather deal with that small inconvenience and have a gate that spans the opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment