Wednesday, February 29, 2012

KidCo Configure Gate

I'm quite happy with the gate, although I had to spend $250 to make it fit the bottom of my stairs. I removed the left 24" panel, replaced with an 8" extension, then inserted 3 more 8" extensions on the right. The $30 8" extensions are way too expensive for what you get I think (and often arrive with scratches and rust due to the extra pole in the box).



Like many Kidco gates, the instructions could have been better. And it would be nice if the mounting hardware were metal instead of plastic.

I used a 1/8" drill bit to create pilot holes before screwing into my banister (rather hard wood). While it may be obvious to some to do that, others might not know, or might not know what size drill bit to use. I tried a smaller one at first but the screw as extremely difficult to attach. Only when I used a 1/8" drill bit did it go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment