Saturday, February 11, 2012

Summer Infant Stylish n' Secure 6 Foot Extra Tall Metal Expansion Gate

We ordered these in hopes of keeping our 2 year old special needs daughter (she has Angelman Syndrome) in parts of the house that are "Angel Proof." Our home has large doorways in the main living areas, so extra wide gates are a must. I was really impressed by the look and ease of use on these! They were easy to install, but I did have my father aka worlds greatest handyman helping me! :)



The color is NOT gray, as the picture shows. But the actual color, I like BETTER! It is almost an oil rubbed bronze finish, which is perfect because all of our home's hardware is oil rubbed bronze! They are very strudy, even in our 72" doorway which is the max width. I really like the fact that they don't "auto close" so that they don't slam the way other gates do, and so that I can leave them open when the baby is napping. I also love how easy they are to take on and off. I was worried that they would be difficult to remove for when we have guests, but the design is really impressive! We didn't have to remove the baseboards like some have said, but if you are putting them on a hard floor and have quarterround, I can see why this would be needed. We placed them on the boarders of carpet and hardwood, and we just installed them to the carpet side of the quarterround, and thus no worries!

Another thing that impressed me was the lack of plastic pieces. There are still a few parts that are plastic, and I will be completing the warranty info because of this, but the vast majority of the gate is metal. And a nice, heavy metal at that! These gates look very nice, and I am a tough customer when it comes to home decor! But I really don't mind these...they are quite stylish- you know, for being baby gates!!!

As far as the height- they are tall, but the height given (I think) is taken from the highest point on the gate. Not the majority of the gate's height.

No comments:

Post a Comment