Monday, February 6, 2012

Regalo Easy Open Super Wide Walk Thru Gate

I just received the gate today and put it up as soon as it came. Loved that it came with 2 extension pieces because I thought I would need both. It turned out that the opening I was using it on was the exact size of the gate with the two extensions on, without adding the adjustment wheels, so I had to remove the smaller one. Slightly disappointed by this because it leaves a lot of the adjustment screws showing, which wobble a little because they're stuck out so far. I may end up getting some small blocks to screw to the wall to fix that if I keep the gate.



I was highly disappointed after first putting the gate up for a few reasons. First, the lock is terribly stiff. I tried playing with it a bit to loosen it up but sometimes it still takes two hands to get it unhooked. Also, it was a HUGE pain to get the gate shut again. I followed the instructions and did as it said to make sure that the screws were equally spaced on each side by "looking at the threading" and made sure that the top wheels weren't tightened too much and just figured I was going to have to live with it that way. After a couple hours I got out the measuring tape, because the gate was so frustrating to use, and measured each side so they were perfectly spaced all around and the difference is AMAZING. The gate easily comes out of place and falls back into place without having to force it. I feel that it is still a little wobbly, but can't tighten it anymore without the door sticking shut. A little bit of Vaseline seems to have helped with the stiff lock as well. I am still disappointed by that but I can now open and close the gate with one hand. The decision to keep it or not will depend on if my husband finds it too much of a pain to bother with or not and of course how it stands up to the baby.

All in all, a decent gate, as long as you install it perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment